Beachy Keen

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Annelisa Visits the Dentist

At Annelisa's 9 and 12 month well baby exams, it was recommend that I to consider taking her to the dentist. I have known since before Annelisa was born that I wanted to take her to see Dr. Candice Hutcheson at Children's Dental Specialists. I had the privilege of getting to know and becoming friends with Candice through my former Women's Bible Study group at Northwest Bible. This appointment was a fun time of reconnecting and introducing Annelisa to her!

I have always enjoyed trips to the dentist! I know a little weird for most of you, but if I can help Annelisa develop the same love then I believe it will spare her some of the pain that can come from the dentist chair in the future!

The appointment was short and sweet. Truly an introduction to the office, Dr. Hutcheson, and the beginnings of the oral exam. I held Annelisa in my lap in the dental chair while Dr. Hutcheson examined her little teeth and gums. She gave me guidance on how to brush Annelisa's teeth and which teeth I should also try to floss since they are touching. She also pointed out which teeth were on the cusp of making their debut! Annelisa didn't much care for the exam as she isn't used to anyone else's hands going in her mouth.

We completed the visit with a "No Cavities" hall of fame picture! We'll be back in six months to take the next step towards developing a healthy smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment