Beachy Keen

Saturday, June 15, 2013

{Mommy Style Field Trip} Summer Sunflowers

This summer an area family that farms several separate acres around McKinney, Allen, and Fairview, Texas decided to plant GIANT sunflowers as a part of their crop rotation! I noticed one particular field ablaze in its yellow glory yesterday morning on my way to get my hair cut. It was gorgeous with the early morning eastern sun! All the flowers had recently bloomed and they were showing their happy faces to all of us driving south on Hwy 75. So that evening after dinner, I convinced my husband to go on a little field trip with Annelisa and me to see them up close and personal! I will say that we stood one row deep into the field for some of our pictures, but we did not intend to hurt the crop or damage it in any way.

Unfortunately, as news of this particular field spread through the area not all visitors respected that this field of sunflowers is a crop to the farmer! It's part of their livelihood!  It was reported that some visitors were clipping and taking the flowers home or that some of the plants around the edges of the field were trampled. The police were on the scene often giving citations to those parked in the fire lane of the nearby Wal-Mart parking lot or crossing the later added trespassing signs and caution tape.

I have found so much joy in driving past the fields in the surrounding area and hope that the farmer(s) will consider planting sunflowers in the future! They were beautiful!

Here are some pictures from our Mommy-Style Field trip!




Not sure what I'm doing, but Annelisa is awfully cute! 






 Commence Daddy Swings! 






Pure JOY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment