Beachy Keen

Monday, December 26, 2011

24 Weeks and Counting

24 weeks complete, approximately 16 weeks to go! 

It's been a while since I've updated the blog with pregnancy details...

At this point, I'm closer to 25 weeks complete in my first pregnancy. We are having a little girl, Annelisa (pronounced: Anna Lisa) Grace Pailes....and with each passing week I look forward to meeting her more and more!

Since my last update, lots of changes have occurred...
24 Weeks 

The week of Thanksgiving, I measured 19 cm, this past Thursday I measured 27 cm...yes, I grew almost 10 cm in about four weeks. This explains a lot of the ligament pain I've experienced. I seem to grow in waves, every couple of days I seem to expand and then balance out for a day or two.

I've gained 14 pounds (according to my doctor's office) total thus far.

Annelisa is becoming the quite the mover and shaker, especially at night or early in the morning when I'm still. New this week, some of her kicks shake my whole abdomen...which feels really funny and looks even funnier! She really likes going to church...I think it's the music combined with the stillness of me sitting for an extended period of time.

My next appointment is January 19, 2012. I'll be having an ultra sound to check Annelisa's growth since I grew more than expected during the last four weeks. I'll also receive the Rhogam shot since I'm O- and my husband is O+, then I'll be tested for gestational diabetes and anemia. Most importantly, I'll see my doctor for the first time in almost 12 weeks, since she's been on maternity leave herself. I'm not worried about the need for an ultra sound, yet. We'll have to see what they find, and it's very likely that I just popped out this month and I'm praying that God continues to grow our little girl healthy and strong!

Tomorrow, I will update the blog with the status of the Nursery...lots of changes here too!

No comments:

Post a Comment