Beachy Keen

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Annelisa is 2 Months!



Annelisa is 2 months old! The time has flown by at times and crept at others. These first two months have been filled with tons of learning and growing for our little lady.

At her two month well baby exam Annelisa weighed 11 pounds, 10 ounces placing her in the 75th percentile. She measured 23.75 inches long placing her in the 90th percentile. Her head measured 15.25 inches in circumference placing her the 50th percentile. Plus she received her first round of vaccines! She was quite uncomfortable that afternoon, but Infant Tylenol works miracles!

I was so excited to find out her weight! I had attempted to estimate her weight based on our bathroom scale with me holding her, but finding out the exact number (as of Friday, May 25) was thrilling. After her weight gain issues at birth and hospitalization at Children's (see that post here), I was ecstatic with her weight as was Dr. Starnes, her pediatrician. She moved from the 25th percentile (for weight) at her 2 week appointment to the 75th at two months! She and I have worked very hard at feeding and it shows! God has done such an amazing thing to have a mother nurse her child and have her body take care of baby's without the mother thinking about it.

Some of the other milestones this month include:


  • Sleeping in her crib full time
  • Sleeping 6 to 7 hours straight most nights
  • Taking naps mostly in her swing, bouncy seat, and car seat 
  • Wearing all 3 month outfits and onesies
  • Wearing size 1 diapers...but not for much longer! 
  • Discovering lights and faces
  • Able to hold her head up for a few seconds by herself
  • Getting stronger at tummy time, she lasts from 10 to 15 minutes before she starts to protest 
  • Starting to really smile (Especially at me! :)) 
  • Starting to coo and make other happy noises
  • Enjoying bath time a lot! 
  • Going to Grammy and GP's (my parents in Houston) for her first overnight trip
  • Going to Mimi and Pops' (my in-laws in Plano)
  • Going to Northwood Hills to meet my students, my fellow teachers, and staff
  • Going to church for the first time
  • Going to a sit down, get waited on restaurant for the first time
A note on her outfit for 2 months...this was also her going home from the hospital outfit at birth....it didn't fit her very well back in March. I had picked it out with the anticipation of having a 10 pound baby which we would have had had she not been nearly three weeks early. So for comparison of how much she's grown here is one of the pictures from March 25 when we came home for the first time. 


Yes, it is the same top...hasn't she grown a lot! :) 

During this month, we also celebrated my first Mother's Day! We were in Houston for Auntie Erin's graduation. Annelisa hit her next growth spurt, so she and I had a lot of bounding (aka feeding) time during the night and day. 

Too say the least it was a busy month! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Outtakes from her 2 month photo shoot
"Why mom? I don't want to take pictures!"

"Fine if you're going to take pictures then I'm eating the teddy bear!" 

"Why??? I just want to be held!"

"Okay, I'll be my usual curious self!" 

"And eat my teddy bear!!" 

"I'm sitting aren't I?" 

Isn't she a cutie! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment