Beachy Keen

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Poop and Lots of It

I feel like this week has been filled with lots and lots of baby poop! Each day there has been one poop disaster that seemed messier and oozier than the day before...

Blow out breast milk poopy diapers, anyone? Poop stained outfits, carpet, car seats, I think you get the idea!

Tonight after talking on the phone to two different very important women in my life...I made a realization, or maybe, and more likely, Christ brought to my mind that we all have "poop" in our lives...I'm thinking figuratively, get your minds out of nasty poopy diaper land, people!

The "poop" in our lives comes in all shapes and sizes. Sometimes it makes you cry, sometimes it makes you mad, sometimes you just want to crawl under a rock and wait for it all to disappear, sometimes it's just a mess when you're too busy to deal with it.

In the midst of our "poop", I  believe with all that is within me that Christ died on a wooden cross over 2000 years ago to take our poop, our hurts, our fears, our SIN! and conquer death and rise again so that when we approach the thrown of grace, God sees us in the perfect light of Jesus Christ. That He welcomes us crying, mad, overwhelmed, and loves us through it and through His people around us on this earth. In the midst of my "poop" this week, I have felt the love of a Heavenly Father showered down on me and I hope that Christ has used me to love on His people in the midst of their "poopy" week, too!

I don't know what poop you are dealing with this week, I don't know why God allowed it in your life, why He wants to teach that lesson to you this week, but I hope in the midst of your "poop" you will seek our Father in Heaven to bring you through it and to allow your heart to be taught His grace and love in the midst of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment