Annelisa's first Christmas has come and gone and the song that I keep thinking of is "Blue Christmas." Take a listen...
Christmas was really wonderful; I've just been feeling blue that Annelisa's first Christmas has passed and I feel like I missed part of the emotion, the reason, the way it is supposed to be...then in the next fleeting thought I remind myself that in some ways her first Christmas is more about me and my expectations than it is about her...even still my focus should be on the most important reason of Christmas, the Gift of Christ coming to save us all. Not about whether or not I feel a certain emotion, have the best gifts under my tree, or prettiest cookies to devour eat. I am looking forward to future Christmas' where we can celebrate Advent with Annelisa and teach her the meaning and expectation of Christmas!
I will forever remember Annelisa's first Christmas with a couple of key events in mind...her first cold complete with fever, runny nose, cough, and chapped cheeks and over three inches of fluffy, thick snow covering North Texas.
We were very blessed and even provided for through the gifts we received. Annelisa especially enjoyed the pretty bows and fun wrapping paper, as most nine month olds do! Our gift giving this year was focused more on the memories of Annelisa's small hands and feet with lots of "homemade" ornaments to Aunts and Uncles and "hand painted" pottery to her Grammy and Mimi.
Pictures of our 2012 Christmas...
All ready to begin on Christmas morning.
Snail bath toy...becoming a quick favorite in the tub!
One of her presents from her Daddy and me.
It's a box filled with various toys.
Annelisa loved the paper!
And the bows!
She even wanted to open some herself! :)
Examining a new toy block
Annelisa wanting to stand up!
Melts my heart!
Happy baby with Auntie Erin
Helping Grammy open her presents
Mama's attempt at baby in front of the tree picture...
Snow is falling...
Annelisa and Mama watching it snow!
Auntie Erin in the snow!
At Aunt Nancy and Uncle Jeff's for part II of Christmas
More bows!
Another new bath toy...she's really excited about it!
My Pal Violet! A big hit! :)
An adorable snail that she can crawl after!
Teddy Bear Lullaby Book...as she gets older she can move the little bear through her bed time routine! Super cute!
A rattle that goes with her fishy rattle!
My little lady asleep in her car seat on her way home Christmas night.
No comments:
Post a Comment