I was thinking about this song and the emotions it brings to the surface for me as a Christ follower. The nature of raising a white flag in complete surrender, asking Christ to calm the storm of my heart, my head, my soul. My rebel heart, like yours, is constantly being fought over! This fight is not necessarily at the hands of a physical, flesh, and blood enemy, but more likely, it's a fight against the world in which we live. A world filled with materialism and for a lot of us, fictional needs.
My best friend and I are reading a book entitled, 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess by Jen Hatmaker. I hesitantly agreed to read this book alongside her...I quote my text message Timid voice: sure! Laura has already started a blog series prompted by this book...you can check it out here.
I have recognized my feelings of "need" for more a lot of late. Perhaps out of feeling the pressures of the upper middle class world around me, combined with my own selfish desires. 7 holds up a glaringly different perspective with plenty of food for thought. So as America heads into the season of Consumerism and Excess. I'm desiring more of God, more of His Truth, more of Him in every aspect of this season, in our home, and especially in our family.
In the words of the song,
I raise my white flag! I surrender! All to YOU, All for YOU!
The war is over!
I surrender all to YOU! I surrender all to YOU!
Love has come! Love has won!
I lift the cross!
Lift it high!
Lift it high!
Lift it high!
Join us in reading if you'd like, stay tuned for my insights as I seek Christ to be molded and shaped by a life with less and MORE of HIM!
No comments:
Post a Comment